Senior Photo No Nos
by Candace Miller Photography, Montrose CO
If you’ve been following along, you’ve probably seen a lot of things that you can do to make you look your best for your upcoming photoshoot with Candace Miller Photography. But today, we are going to talk about 6 things that you should AVOID doing right before you stand in front of that shutter!
1. Hair cuts! No drastic changes at least. You want to be comfortable styling and managing your hair for your session and you want to be in LOVE with your photos when you see them, not worrying if you will like them because of a new do! So take it from me and save the chop for another time!
2. Hair color! Just like the cut, anything that will drastically change your appearance may make you feel nervous or uncomfortable and we don’t want that! Stick to your typical maintenance or you could end up hating your photos!
3. Spray tan, sunless tanners, fake bake, whatever you like to call it! No, no, no! This can make your ankles, knees, wrists, and elbows look dirty! Blech!! Not to mention that some of them also make your skin have an unnatural orange tone. This should be done at least 2 weeks before your session.
4. Facials and Peels! NEVER try a new skin regimen or product right before you’re going to be in front of the camera! And while facials can be a wonderful thing for your skin, they need to be done well in advance of your photos!
5. Adjusting your makeup routine! Playing around with makeup is fun right!? But changing up too many products can be harmful for your skin. Make sure you aren’t over doing it and keeping a beautifully fresh face for your photos!
6. Too many sun rays! Sunburns are bad for your skin! Not only can it lead to skin cancer but it can also cause premature wrinkles and dry leathery looking skin. Sunburns are also very difficult to edit out of a photo so be sure to stay covered if you are going to be out in the sun!
7. PRO TIP: Only in certain cases does a slick back pony work for photos (extremely modern)…looking straight on, it will look like you don’t have any hair.
These are tips that every Senior can use so take note! And if you haven’t scheduled your session yet, why not!? My calendar is rapidly filling up and your time to shine will be here before you know it! Want to schedule a consultation or phone call? Click this link>> Schedule My Consultation
your friendly neighborhood montrose senior photo expert,
If you have any questions or you are ready to book your session with Candace Miller Photography, send me a message and let’s chat! I can’t wait to work with you!