by Candace Miller Photography, Montrose CO
One of the best, hardest, most rewarding things I’ve ever done in my life is being a mother. Photography is my passion and love second only to my job of being a mom. I think my kids actually make my love of photography stronger because they make me realize how fast time goes by and that I don’t want to miss a minute.
Motherhood should be celebrated! Not because we just want a pat on the back and for someone to say that we are doing a great job (but hey, that’s nice to hear too) or because we are trying to toot our own horns, but because it’s a constant state of second guessing your self. It’s also a choice to put someone else’s happiness and feelings first every single day. It’s never knowing if what you are teaching them is the right thing but trying your hardest to do the RIGHT things. It’s teaching the hard lessons even when you want to cave and give them everything they ask for. It’s having to forgive yourself for doing everything wrong over and over, all the time. It’s feeling all of their emotions with them and knowing that you can’t fix everything for them. It’s having your heart walking around in this world that you know is not always the best or nicest place to live, but still always being there when they need a cuddle.
Some days motherhood takes every ounce of strength we have to get through the day and other days, we make it through without a scratch. “It takes a village”. That’s the common quote, right? Hopefully you have a village, otherwise motherhood can be a very lonely place. So let’s change the way we see each other, as Mothers. Let’s work to be less judging. Let’s work to help each other through the hard days. Let’s build up our village.
In that line, here are some apps for moms to help with everyday tasks:
1. Ibotta – cash back on items that you buy
2. Mom Maps – Mom Maps helps you find fun, kid-friendly locations on the go.
3. ChoreMonster – This is a fun chore app that the kids will love! Kids earn points by completing chores to use towards rewards like an hour of video games or a camping trip.
4. ZipList Shopping List, Grocery List & Recipes – With this app you can save all of your recipes into your recipe box and then customize or add ingredients to your list. It also automatically groups the items on your grocery list so that they are arranged based on where you would find them in the store!
5. Baby Connect – It keeps track of everything you could imagine that you need to know when taking care of your newborn. It features reports, charts, and allows you to exchange the information with your spouse, babysitter or daycare wherever they are.
6. Allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner – I cannot say enough great things about this app. The database is huge and the recipes I’ve tried from here are always a hit. With this app you’ll have access to all of the member shared recipes!
7. Photobucket Mobile– You can instantly upload all of your mobile images and access it anywhere you go!
8. Google Calendar-organize your lives and connect your calendars so everyone is on the same page!
And if you’ve made it all the way to the bottom, I have a surprise for you! I will be offering Mother’s Day Mini Sessions from April 26th-May 7th! They will be 30 minutes long and include 8 digital images. Valued at $415 the cost for these mini sessions is only $125 as a THANK YOU to all the mommas out there! If you are interested in finding out more, click this link….Mother’s Day Minis
your friendly neighborhood montrose photographer,
If you have any questions or you are ready to book your session with Candace Miller Photography, send me a message and let’s chat! I can’t wait to work with you!